This piece on Golden Tate from Pro Football Focus is pretty nice to read now that he's joined the Detroit Lions.
- The Free Press has the story behind where Tate's first name came from.
- Just as an FYI in case he does in fact sign with the Lions: James Ihedigbo's last name is pronounced ee-HEAD-ee-bo.
- Jason La Canfora put together a good breakdown on why it's more important to look at the guaranteed money in contracts instead of the overall worth of them.
- After being released by the Chicago Bears, defensive end Julius Peppers signed a three-year deal worth up to $30 million with the Green Bay Packers on Saturday.
- On a related note, this is pretty interesting:
Julius Peppers in 2 games against GB in 2013: PFF grade of +5.3, 3 sacks, 2 BP. In 14 other 2013 games: PFF grade of -9.7, 4 sacks, 1 BP.— Nathan Jahnke (@PFF_NateJahnke) March 15, 2014
- In other NFC North defensive end news, Jared Allen visited the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.
- Finally, Pro Football Talk has a recap of all the moves NFC North teams have made so far during free agency.
Lions notes: Golden Tate, NFC North news, more
Lions notes looks at Golden Tate, various updates on other NFC North teams and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.