- Micheal Spurlock, who had two stints with the Detroit Lions last season, visited the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday. Spurlock started out the 2013 season as the Lions' returner, but he later lost that job to Jeremy Ross. With Ross back in 2014, the Lions don't have any interest in re-signing Spurlock.
- Rotoworld has the Lions listed as one of the teams with the least amount of cap space in the NFL right now. Lions president Tom Lewand doesn't seem too concerned about this, though.
Lewand: "To just look at the amount of cap room you have available in March of free agency is incredibly shortsighted and inaccurate"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 17, 2014
- This point about guaranteed money and contracts is worth reiterating again:
Lewand said the most important factor of the new contract is the guaranteed money in the first three years.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) March 17, 2014
- Dave Birkett reports that $1.5 million of Brandon Pettigrew's signing bonus won't actually be paid out until next March.
- I like the sound of this:
Lewand said new offense will deploy more two-back sets with Joique Bell and Reggie Bush possibly on field together.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) March 17, 2014
- Defensive tackle Henry Melton agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday night.