- Here's the latest on what's up with Shaun Hill:
One thing that could be slowing down Rams' potential signing of QB Shaun Hill: He's rehabbing from offseason foot surgery.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) March 24, 2014
- Chris Mortensen reports (via Michael Rothstein) that Tom Lewand isn't planning to meet with Ndamukong Suh's agent at the NFL owners meetings after all. As it turns out, the two have already spoken with each other over the phone, and they are apparently planning to continue conversations on a new deal for Suh in the future.
- Martin Mayhew doesn't think Suh will pull a Max Scherzer and turn down a big-time contract extension to test free agency.
- Lewand recently said that the Detroit Lions have a "long runway" to get a deal done with Suh, meaning there isn't pressure to get something done immediately.
- Mayhew and Jim Caldwell got a chance to meet Sammy Watkins and his family while they were at the Clemson stop on their pro-day tour. The next stop? Texas A&M to watch Mike Evans on Thursday.
- Speaking of pro days...
Need to correct myself on a tweet from the other week. Brian Xanders hit pro days at Colorado & Colorado State to see CSU C Weston Richburg— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 24, 2014
- Dominic Raiola and Steve Mariucci were both at Michigan State's NCAA tournament game last Thursday.
- Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick recently got a two-year deal worth $7.5 million from the Houston Texans.
- Wide receiver Lance Moore signed a two-year deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers last week.
Lions notes looks at Shaun Hill, Ndamukong Suh and much more.