- The Louis Delmas free-agent tour continued on Friday with him visiting the Miami Dolphins. Previously, he visited the Pittsburgh Steelers and New Orleans Saints.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco put Willie Young on his list of free agents who are under the radar and are worth watching when the new league year opens on March 11.
- On The MMQB's free-agent countdown, Young is ranked 41st, and his best fit is listed as the Tennessee Titans. Delmas is 84th on the list, and the Atlanta Falcons are seen as his best landing spot. Brandon Pettigrew, meanwhile, is 98th on the list, and the Detroit Lions are considered his best fit.
- Interestingly, the Lions were listed as the best fit for wide receiver Riley Cooper in The MMQB's countdown, but he re-signed with the Philadelphia Eagles for five years and $22.5 million. The Eagles also recently re-signed wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, offensive tackle Jason Peters and center Jason Kelce.
- Also at The MMQB is an in-depth look at the NFL salary cap.
- Rotoworld thinks the Buffalo Bills are a good fit for Pettigrew, and the Lions are viewed as an ideal landing spot for wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who spent his first four seasons in the NFL with the Steelers.
- NFL.com's free-agency rankings have Delmas 42nd, Young 57th and Pettigrew 65th.
- Keep the name Joe Morgan in mind as the Lions search for help at wide receiver.
- Don't keep the name Dennis Pitta in mind as the Lions search for help at tight end, because he re-signed with the Baltimore Ravens on Friday.
- Rotoworld's advanced metrics series for the 2014 NFL Draft is back with a sack study.
Lions notes: Willie Young, Brandon Pettigrew, more
Lions notes looks at Willie Young, Brandon Pettigrew, other free agents and more.
By Sean Yuille