James Ihedigbo may have only signed with the Detroit Lions last week, but he's already started training with fellow safety Glover Quin.
- Quin had surgery at the end of January to repair a torn ligament in his ankle, according to Josh Katzenstein. Quin apparently originally suffered the injury in Week 4 of last season and had to play through it the rest of the year.
- Ihedigbo and his wife had a baby girl last Thursday, so it's been an eventful last week for them.
- Aside from the Lions, Ihedigbo received interest from the Baltimore Ravens (his old team), Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles.
- In other safety news, Chris Clemons signed a two-year deal with the Houston Texans last week. He visited the Lions a few days before the team agreed to a deal with Ihedigbo.
- After losing backup quarterback Shaun Hill to the St. Louis Rams last week, Jim Caldwell said on Monday that "all options are open." I'm assuming those options include signing a veteran free agent and drafting a quarterback in a later round.
- NFL.com posted a video called "Lunch with Joseph Fauria." It's pretty hilarious.
- In a recent interview, Fauria said this: "I know I’m capable of a lot more than what I showed on the football field (last season)." I like the sound of that.
- Iowa tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz is scheduled to visit the Lions at some point this month.
Lions notes: James Ihedigbo, Glover Quin, more
Lions notes looks at James Ihedigbo, Glover Quin and much more.
By Sean Yuille