- In honor of the Detroit Lions' 2014 preseason schedule being announced on Wednesday, I present the following stats:
Since 2008, #Lions are 19-5 in the preseason and 29-67 in the regular season.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) April 9, 2014
Just how meaningless is the preseason? #Lions went 4-0 in 2008 before 0-16 regular season. In 2011, went 4-0 before 10-6 and playoffs.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) April 9, 2014
- Aaron Wilson reports that Cassius Vaughn's one-year deal with the Lions is worth $730,000. It's only going to count $570,000 against the cap, though.
- Per Tim Twentyman, Don Carey is now No. 26. His old jersey, No. 32, has been taken by James Ihedigbo.
- Pro Football Focus' look back at last year's rookie offensive tackles is just another example of how impressive LaAdrian Waddle was for the Lions in 2013. (PFF also put together a separate article focusing specifically on Waddle.)
- Isa Abdul-Quddus is hoping to be a contributor on defense for the Lions and not just a special teams player. Jeremy Ross has a similar mindset on the offensive side of the ball, as he wants to contribute at wide receiver in addition to being the Lions' returner.
- Mike O'Hara put together an in-depth look at what's happened with the 10th overall pick over the last 10 years.
Lions notes: Preseason stats, Cassius Vaughn's contract, more
Lions notes looks at some preseason stats, the details on Cassius Vaughn's contract and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.