- In honor of the Detroit Lions' 2014 preseason schedule being announced on Wednesday, I present the following stats:
Since 2008, #Lions are 19-5 in the preseason and 29-67 in the regular season.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) April 9, 2014
Just how meaningless is the preseason? #Lions went 4-0 in 2008 before 0-16 regular season. In 2011, went 4-0 before 10-6 and playoffs.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) April 9, 2014
- Aaron Wilson reports that Cassius Vaughn's one-year deal with the Lions is worth $730,000. It's only going to count $570,000 against the cap, though.
- Per Tim Twentyman, Don Carey is now No. 26. His old jersey, No. 32, has been taken by James Ihedigbo.
- Pro Football Focus' look back at last year's rookie offensive tackles is just another example of how impressive LaAdrian Waddle was for the Lions in 2013. (PFF also put together a separate article focusing specifically on Waddle.)
- Isa Abdul-Quddus is hoping to be a contributor on defense for the Lions and not just a special teams player. Jeremy Ross has a similar mindset on the offensive side of the ball, as he wants to contribute at wide receiver in addition to being the Lions' returner.
- Mike O'Hara put together an in-depth look at what's happened with the 10th overall pick over the last 10 years.