- There has been a lot of recent news involving players who have worked out for the Detroit Lions in advance of the 2014 NFL Draft. Let's start with Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard. He told the Free Press on Saturday that he worked out for the Lions -- defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, more specifically -- last month. Dennard, who could be a candidate for the 10th overall pick, said the workout "went real well."
- Pro Football Talk reports that the Lions are one of the teams that have requested a private workout or a team visit with Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray.
- This past Saturday, the Lions worked out LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger. According to National Football Post, the Lions also worked out LSU fullback J.C. Copeland and LSU wide receiver Kadron Boone on the same day.
- AL.com reports that Auburn cornerback Chris Davis worked out for the Lions in March. Davis may be a cornerback, but he's probably best known for his amazing missed field goal return for a touchdown that beat Alabama this past season.
- Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton and Auburn kicker Cody Parkey worked out for the Lions at some point, according to the Free Press.
- North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron sounded quite excited about the idea of getting to play for the Lions when he was asked about the possibility during his pre-draft visit with the team on Monday.
- Pro Football Focus looked back at the Lions' drafts from 2009-11 and graded each pick.
Lions notes: Darqueze Dennard, Aaron Murray, more
Lions notes looks at Darqueze Dennard, Aaron Murray, workout news and more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.