- Jim Caldwell's message to the 2014 Detroit Lions is pretty simple: Win now.
Lewand said Caldwell at team meeting last week put up a slide that said: "Win and win now." Pressure's on.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 15, 2014
- Joe Lombardi is planning to incorporate "elements" of the New Orleans Saints offense, Caldwell's Indianapolis Colts offenses and last year's Lions offense into his scheme for this year's team.
Lombardi envisions Reggie Bush and Joique Bell "having a split role" in 2014.
- The Lions began their draft meetings on Tuesday, and they are apparently putting a focus on finding "closers" after blowing so many late leads the last couple seasons.
- This is interesting:
Lewand said Suh's strength trainers from Oregon met with the Lions this offseason.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) April 15, 2014
- Grantland put together a great piece called "The Lessons of Barry Sanders."
- This is a pretty interesting look at where teams find their offensive starters:
2013 NFL Offensive Starters by Draft Round (average @PFF score in brackets). pic.twitter.com/NwCWBY5gsw— Jacob Dearlove (@jacobdearlove) April 14, 2014
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in the first round and Indiana wide receiver Cody Latimer in the second round.
Lions notes: Jim Caldwell, Joe Lombardi, more
Lions notes looks at Jim Caldwell's message to this year's team, Joe Lombardi's plans for the offense and much more.
By Sean Yuille