- Why didn't the Detroit Lions put more of an emphasis on finding help at defensive end in free agency? They seem quite confident in Ziggy Ansah and Devin Taylor.
Teryl Austin said he expects "big improvement" from both Ziggy Ansah & Devin Taylor. Taylor reported last week heavier but in better shape— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 15, 2014
Matthew Stafford isn't too different from fans when it comes to the draft process. From the Lions' official site: "I don’t know about everyone else, but the second the season is over, I give myself about a week and then I start looking at YouTube clips of guys who are coming out."
- Speaking of Stafford, he came in sixth on ESPN's list of the top-paid athletes in the world. Calvin Johnson also made the list at 16th.
Carlin Isles is still really, really fast.
- No team rushed only four players more than the Lions in 2013.
Don Carey didn't do very well in the yards per coverage snap category when he played in the slot last season.
- NFL.com put together an interesting piece on the staying power of recent first-round picks.
- Also at NFL.com is a do-over of the 2010 NFL Draft. In the do-over, Ndamukong Suh went first overall to the St. Louis Rams, leaving the Lions with tight end Jimmy Graham at No. 2.
Lions notes: Defensive ends, Matthew Stafford, more
Lions notes looks at the high expectations for Ziggy Ansah and Devin Taylor, Matthew Stafford's interest in the draft and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.