- The 2014 NFL regular-season schedule is now reportedly set to be announced on either Wednesday or Thursday this week.
- On Monday, the Detroit Lions announced the hiring of Kevin Bastin as head athletic trainer. They also announced that coordinator of athletic medicine/athletic trainer Dean Kleinschmidt will be retiring during the 2014 season.
- The Lions are showing a lot of interest in North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron, according to Eric Ebron.
Eric Ebron: From my perspective the two teams that have showed the most interest in me are the #Lions and #Bills.— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) April 22, 2014
- At some point within the last month, the Lions reportedly worked out Texas wide receiver Mike Davis and met with Georgia Tech defensive end/outside linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu in Atlanta.
- After visiting the Lions on Tuesday, Buffalo outside linebacker Khalil Mack is set to meet with the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans later in the week.
- According to the Associated Press' Larry Lage, Ndamukong Suh isn't planning on attending the Lions' voluntary minicamp this week. If this is indeed true, then Suh really needs to get himself a new PR team.
Calvin Johnson was featured on Jeopardy! last week.
Calvin Johnson was a Jeopardy question tonight. Who is the Madden cover player known as Megatron?— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) April 18, 2014
- When it came to touches per missed tackle last season, Joique Bell had the fifth-best rating in the NFL among running backs, according to Pro Football Focus.
- Speaking of PFF, Larry Warford's exceptional rookie season was the focus of a recent post.
- This week, Stephen Tulloch officially received his award for being named the Lions' 2013 Walter Payton Man of the Year.
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has an interesting set of picks for the Lions: LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. in the first round and Virginia Tech cornerback Antone Exum in the second round.
- 26-year-old center Phil Costa, who visited the Lions last month before signing with the Indianapolis Colts, has decided to retire. I guess it's a good thing that he didn't sign with the Lions after all.
Lions notes: Schedule release update, Eric Ebron, more
Lions notes looks at the latest on when the NFL schedule will be announced, recent comments from Eric Ebron on potentially landing in Detroit and much more.
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.