- At South Carolina's pro day on Wednesday, Detroit Lions defensive line coach Jim Washburn put defensive end Jadeveon Clowney through a very interesting drill involving bags and tennis balls. Clowney was quite impressive, to say the least.
- Pro Football Focus put together a comparison of last year's rookie edge rushers, and PFF also took an in-depth look at Ziggy Ansah's rookie season.
- According to Jim Caldwell, Ryan Broyles is getting a "clean slate" with a new coaching staff in place. Hopefully Broyles will progress quickly enough in his recovery from an Achilles injury to actually take advantage of this clean slate.
- The 2014 SB Nation NFL writers mock draft kicked off on Wednesday with the Houston Texans selecting Teddy Bridgewater. You can track all of the picks here. (My first-round pick for the Lions will be revealed next Monday.)
- Here are the details on the contract that wide receiver DeSean Jackson got from the Washington Redskins:
DeSean Jackson’s contract is a 4-year, $32M deal that voids to 3 years, $24M. $5M signing bonus. $8M avg per year. $4.25M ’14 cap number.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 2, 2014