- It turns out that the Detroit Lions gave new tight end Jordan Thompson a three-year deal worth the minimum. New wide receiver Naaman Roosevelt and new center Sherman Carter each got a one-year deal worth the minimum.
- Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins posted some interesting tweets on Tuesday:
I think I know who gonna pick me lol but to this day I'm just still guessing— Sammy Watkins (@sammywatkins) April 29, 2014
I truly think a team going to jump up n grab me who it may be i know— Sammy Watkins (@sammywatkins) April 29, 2014
- At outside linebacker, the Lions want a "flamethrower." At cornerback, they apparently want a "riverboat gambler with a short memory."
Rashean Mathis is expecting to be better this year than he was last season, and he thinks the Lions defense under Teryl Austin is "different in a good way."
Calvin Johnson ranked near the top of the NFL last season on post routes.
Which Five WRs had the highest Yards Per Routes Run average on Post Routes in 2013? pic.twitter.com/to9pec4qG0— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2014
- Grantland ranked all 32 NFL teams based on draft capital. The Lions came in ninth based on the approximate value of their eight picks.
- The Seattle Seahawks gave safety Earl Thomas a big-time contract extension this week.
Lions notes: New contracts, Sammy Watkins, more
Lions notes looks at the contracts for some recent additions to the roster, some interesting tweets from Sammy Watkins and much more.
By Sean Yuille