- Nick Fairley apparently showed up to the first day of the Detroit Lions' offseason training program with a new car that grabbed the attention of some of his teammates.
Jason Jones, Ziggy Ansah and Devin Taylor all stopped in parking lot for a minute to admire Nick Fairley's new ride. Fairley here on 1st day— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) April 7, 2014
- Jeremy Ross officially signed his exclusive-rights free agent tender on Monday. He was the Lions' only unsigned ERFA, so they are now all under contract.
- Speaking of Ross, he said this on Monday when asked about potentially having to battle Golden Tate for the Lions' punt return job:
Jeremy Ross on punt return battle: "I go out there and I work hard regardless of who’s behind me. I don’t really need external motivation."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) April 7, 2014
- Here's what Cassius Vaughn had to say after signing with the Lions on Monday:
- Indiana wide receiver Cody Latimer is going to visit the Lions later this week, according to National Football Post's Aaron Wilson.
- Congratulations to Jacob S for winning Pride Of Detroit's 2014 NCAA tournament pool. He actually already had the top spot clinched before the national championship game was even played, and I believe he was the only person in our pool who had even one of the final two teams correct. It was a rough year for most, to say the least.
- And now, for the most random thing in a notes post in quite some time: Pride Of Detroit might have gotten a shout out on the FOX show Bob's Burgers on Sunday night.
Lions notes: Nick Fairley, Jeremy Ross, more
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, Jeremy Ross and much more.
By Sean Yuille