- From the beginning of the offseason, Dan Orlovsky had interest in returning to the Detroit Lions. Clearly, he's glad to actually be back with the Lions, and he's especially glad to be back with Jim Caldwell after playing for him in Indianapolis.
- Orlovsky was quite candid when he talked about how some fans might not exactly be thrilled with his return to Detroit.
Dan Orlovsky said he understands fears people have of him returning to #Lions & some in his circle questioned it but he's excited to be back— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 7, 2014
- New Cleveland Browns wide receiver Nate Burleson had a great response when asked about getting to play the Lions in the preseason this year.
New #Browns WR Nate Burleson on the annual CLC preseason title w/ #Lions: "It's always the most competitive preseason game."— Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) April 7, 2014
- Only one NFL team blitzed less often than the Lions last season. Interestingly, the Lions were tied for sixth in the NFL in pass-rushing productivity both when they blitzed and when they didn't.
- Spotrac has an excellent breakdown of how teams spent money on free agents this offseason.
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions going with Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert in the first round and Northern Illinois safety Jimmie Ward in the second round.
Lions notes: Dan Orlovsky, Nate Burleson, more
Lions notes looks at Dan Orlovsky, Nate Burleson and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.