Matthew Stafford came in 100th in the "The 100 Players of 2014." Last year, he was ranked 76th, and he was 41st back in 2012.
- The jersey numbers have been announced for most of the Detroit Lions' 2014 draft class:
A couple housekeeping notes. LB Kyle Van Noy will wear No. 95 and WR TJ Jones No. 13— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) May 12, 2014
C Travis Swanson No. 64, CB Nevin Lawson No. 43, DT Caraun Reid No. 61 and K Nate Freese No. 2— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) May 12, 2014
- If you're going to watch one video today, go with Kyle Van Noy's beastly performance against San Diego State. His stat line in that game? 8 tackles (3.5 tackles for loss), 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception, 1 blocked punt and 2 touchdowns.
- According to Bovada, the Lions now have 50/1 odds to win the 2015 Super Bowl. That's the same as the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. Ouch.
- Ebron's odds of being named the 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year are 20/1.
- Kyle Meinke wrote a really good column on why people need to realize that you can build a successful team without an elite defense. In other words, you don't have to be built like the Seattle Seahawks to have a shot at winning a championship. There are multiple ways to assemble a successful team.
Lions notes: Matthew Stafford, rookie jersey numbers, more
Lions notes looks at where Matthew Stafford landed in the "Top 100 Players of 2014," the jersey numbers for Detroit's draft class and much more.
By Sean Yuille