Matthew Stafford came in 100th in the "The 100 Players of 2014." Last year, he was ranked 76th, and he was 41st back in 2012.
- The jersey numbers have been announced for most of the Detroit Lions' 2014 draft class:
A couple housekeeping notes. LB Kyle Van Noy will wear No. 95 and WR TJ Jones No. 13— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) May 12, 2014
C Travis Swanson No. 64, CB Nevin Lawson No. 43, DT Caraun Reid No. 61 and K Nate Freese No. 2— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) May 12, 2014
- If you're going to watch one video today, go with Kyle Van Noy's beastly performance against San Diego State. His stat line in that game? 8 tackles (3.5 tackles for loss), 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception, 1 blocked punt and 2 touchdowns.
- According to Bovada, the Lions now have 50/1 odds to win the 2015 Super Bowl. That's the same as the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. Ouch.
- Ebron's odds of being named the 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year are 20/1.
- Kyle Meinke wrote a really good column on why people need to realize that you can build a successful team without an elite defense. In other words, you don't have to be built like the Seattle Seahawks to have a shot at winning a championship. There are multiple ways to assemble a successful team.
Lions notes looks at where Matthew Stafford landed in the "Top 100 Players of 2014," the jersey numbers for Detroit's draft class and much more.