- Dominic Raiola is well aware that the Detroit Lions' pick of Travis Swanson is a sign that his time in the NFL is nearing an end. Raiola likely only has one or two more years left, and he fully intends to remain the Lions' starting center during that time. However, Raiola also fully intends to help mentor Swanson, and he recently said this to the Lions' official site:
"I know the intricacies of what it takes to play center in this league. I know what it takes to help this team. In the meantime, whatever I can show him, I’m going to show him. And whatever I can help him with, I’m going to help him with."
- The Lions are moving to a closed and open defensive end setup this year.
- In its top 101 rankings based on the 2013 season, Pro Football Focus put Larry Warford 67th and Stephen Tulloch 62nd.
- NFL.com went behind the scenes with Eric Ebron on the day he was drafted by the Lions.
- MLive's Justin Rogers did a nice job of debunking the idea that Calvin Johnson might be on the trade block. It's simply not possible -- at least not this year -- and trading Johnson makes no sense anyway.
- SideLion Report's Justin Simon put together an in-depth scouting report of Darius Slay's rookie season.
- Lions draft pick Caraun Reid made SB Nation's "2014 NFL Draft all under-drafted team."
- Lions undrafted free agent Justin Jackson had an offer to join the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he opted to go with Detroit instead.
- The Lions are 20th in ESPN's new power rankings. NFL.com, meanwhile, has the Lions 24th.
- Joique Bell gave a speech at Wayne State's commencement ceremony this year.
Lions notes: Dominic Raiola ready to mentor Travis Swanson
Lions notes looks at Dominic Raiola's reaction to the Travis Swanson pick, the team's new setup for defensive ends and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.