- ESPN's Mel Kiper and Todd McShay teamed up for a three-round 2014 NFL mock draft on Thursday. In it, the Detroit Lions came away with LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., Georgia Tech outside linebacker/defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu and Liberty cornerback Walt Aikens.
- NFL Network's Mike Mayock said on Thursday that the Lions ended up with Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard and Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin in two recent mock drafts he did. He also said this:
Mayock said he thinks the Lions should take the best DB or OT on their board if they stay at 10.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) May 1, 2014
- Speaking of mock drafts, I think it's safe to say that SB Nation's Matthew Fairburn was the first one on the Justin Gilbert-to-the-Lions bandwagon. Don't believe me? Check out his 2014 NFL mock draft from April 2013 -- he projected the Lions to pick Gilbert in it.
- The NFL revealed on Thursday that Herman Moore will announce the Lions' second-round pick this year. Also, according to his agent, Barry Sanders is going to announce the Lions' first-round pick for the second year in a row. Roger Goodell hasn't actually announced the Lions' first-round pick since 2011 (Sanders announced it last year and Calvin Johnson did it in 2012), and it looks like that streak will continue this year.
- The Lions' draft hats for 2014 are out.
- This is an interesting stat:
- Larry Warford sounds like he's much more comfortable now that he's entering his second season in the NFL. He also seems to have a pretty good idea of what he needs to do to become an even better player in 2014.
- Rotoworld's Evan Silva put the Lions 11th in his pre-draft NFL roster rankings.
- Kevin Ogletree's one-handed touchdown catch from Thanksgiving last year came in 92nd on NFL.com's list of the top 100 plays of 2013.
- The Silverdome has seen better days.
- Titus Young's court proceedings were delayed this week because he is "undergoing unspecified treatment in a Los Angeles-area hospital."
Lions notes looks at a new mock draft from Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, Mike Mayock's thoughts on the 10th overall pick and much more.