- Reggie Bush came in 85th in the "Top 100 Players of 2014" on NFL Network after going unranked last year. Previously, Matthew Stafford was unveiled as the 100th player on this year's edition of the list.
- Calvin Johnson's touchdown catch over three Cincinnati Bengals somehow was only 82nd on the list of the "Top 100 Plays of 2013."
- In Pro Football Focus' top 101 list for 2013, Johnson was ranked 35th and Ndamukong Suh came in at No. 17.
- According to Devin Taylor, the Detroit Lions have already experimented with some five-man fronts for their defense. It sounds like the Lions are planning to really mix things up under new defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, especially with the addition of Kyle Van Noy.
Kyle Van Noy, who played all over the field at BYU, said his role is even more diverse with #Lions. He'll be a stand-up DE in sub packages— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 17, 2014
- Another change Austin has made to the defense involves the aggressiveness of the Lions' secondary. Bill Bentley told MLive last week that Austin is making the defensive backs "more comfortable to make plays," and it seems that they are being encouraged to "take more chances and create more turnovers."
- Dominic Raiola may be planning to help mentor Travis Swanson, but during an interview with the Detroit News, Raiola admitted that the Lions' decision to draft a center felt like "someone trying to hit on your girlfriend or your wife after dating her for 12 years."
- What is former Lions fullback Cory Schlesinger up to these days? He's an industrial arts teacher at Allen Park High School.
- I present this picture of Joseph Fauria, Sam Martin and Kris Durham to you without comment: