- The theme from the Detroit Lions' OTA practice on Wednesday was that the defense is currently ahead of the offense.
Safe to say the defense is way ahead of the offense at this point. Several players stood out, including Darius Slay and Cassius Vaughn— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) May 21, 2014
- Sticking with that theme, Calvin Johnson apparently had a pretty rough day from a drops standpoint.
The most disappointing Lion of the day was actually Calvin Johnson. Saw him drop 3 passes. Not sharp at all.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) May 21, 2014
- I can't imagine it took long for Reggie Bush to learn the new offensive scheme.
Reggie Bush said the new #Lions system is the "exact same" as when he spent time in New Orleans— Mike Mady (@lionsreport) May 21, 2014
- Stephen Tulloch and Cassius Vaughn both had interceptions on Wednesday.
- Rookies Eric Ebron, Kyle Van Noy and Travis Swanson all practiced with the backups on Wednesday. Swanson, by the way, was actually getting work as the No. 2 right guard, but I can't imagine he'll be there for long.
During second set of 11on11s, Keyton came in at center with the 1s on the feild. He had two bad snaps, which ended up loose on the turf.— Mike Mady (@lionsreport) May 21, 2014
- Per Mike Mady, the Lions had Rodney Austin at left guard when Rob Sims missed an 11-on-11 drill.
- Ndamukong Suh was his usual dominant self on Wednesday.
- Joique Bell has been sitting out practice for precautionary reasons as he heals a "nagging" knee injury.
- According to Darius Slay, the Lions' cornerbacks might play in press coverage almost all the time. Also according to Slay, Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin wants his cornerbacks to "get in people's faces." I like the sound of that.
- Check out MLive for more tidbits from Wednesday's practice.
- One Nevada oddsmaker currently has the Lions favored in 10 games next season. That puts them in a tie for sixth in the NFL.
Lions notes: Recapping Wednesday's OTA practice
Lions notes looks at various pieces of news from Wednesday's OTA practice.
By Sean Yuille