- Martin Mayhew said on Monday that the Detroit Lions haven't ruled out the possibility that surgery will be needed to repair Chris Houston's toe injury. The injury forced Houston to miss the Lions' voluntary minicamp last month, and Mayhew admitted there is "concern" over this issue.
- Here's what Mayhew had to say about Ryan Broyles on Monday:
Mayhew on Broyles: "I believe in Ryan and he’s one of the hardest working guys I’ve ever seen."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 5, 2014
More Mayhew on Broyles: "I believe in him. I’m not going to build the whole offense around him, but I believe in that man"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 5, 2014
- Mayhew had an interesting comment about the development of cornerbacks:
Mayhew "Some guys take a year, some guys take a year, it doesn’t take more than 3 years. If you don’t have it in 3 years, you don’t have it"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 5, 2014
- The Free Press' Dave Birkett reports that Lions scout Silas McKinnie is retiring after the 2014 NFL Draft.
- Good things happen after the catch when the ball is in Golden Tate's hands.
Who was making things happen after the catch among WRs in 2013? pic.twitter.com/nIbeqJavKo— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 2, 2014
- Glover Quin threw out the first pitch at Monday's Detroit Tigers game, as did former Michigan basketball player Nik Stauskas.
- The Lions' official site has video of Calvin Johnson (and some of his teammates) coaching at his recent football camp.
- According to the NFLPA, the Lions lead the NFL in players under contract right now (78). Also according to the NFLPA, the Lions are 31st in cap space ($1,369,330). Only the Pittsburgh Steelers have less room ($311,934).
- Rotoworld's Patrick Daugherty has the Ford family 24th in his NFL owners rankings.
- Pro Football Focus put together the current lineups for each NFC North team and evaluated what needs each team has going into this year's draft. The Lions actually seem to be in pretty good shape right now.
- The final grades are in for the 2014 SB Nation NFL writers mock draft.
- If the St. Louis Rams draft a quarterback, could they trade Sam Bradford to the Minnesota Vikings? There are rumors that a possible deal has been discussed by the two teams.
Lions notes looks at an update on Chris Houston, Martin Mayhew's recent comments on Ryan Broyles and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.