- The first day of the Detroit Lions' mandatory minicamp did not go so well for Giorgio Tavecchio.
Talked with #Lions K Giorgio Tavecchio today after practice. Called it "probably my worst day in my professional life." Was completely off.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) June 10, 2014
- It sounds like Calvin Johnson and the Lions offense as a whole had a pretty solid day of practice on Tuesday.
- Per Josh Katzenstein, the Lions had Travis Swanson practicing at left guard and Rodney Austin taking the reps at center on Tuesday when starters Rob Sims and Dominic Raiola "took a breather."
- Kellen Moore has been getting the Lions' No. 3 reps at quarterback, according to Dave Birkett. This means that rookie James Franklin is currently fourth on the "rep" chart, as Jim Caldwell likes to call it.
- Chris Houston may not even be attending Lions practices as he recovers from toe surgery, but Caldwell doesn't sound overly concerned about the situation.
Caldwell on Houston: "He is right where he’s supposed to be at this point in time. It’s where we expected him to be."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 10, 2014
- At least when it comes to what he does on the field, Ndamukong Suh was probably the last person we needed to worry about this offseason.
#Lions Jim Caldwell on Ndamukong Suh: 'He’s been impeccable. Works extremely hard, keeps his body in great shape, he’s doing a great job.'— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) June 10, 2014
- James Ihedigbo is in pretty amazing shape.
- Here's a nice comparison of where each team in the NFC North currently stands from a depth chart standpoint (click on the picture to enlarge it):
Which #NFCN team has the best roster? Here's @PFF's breakdown #Packers #Lions #Bears #Vikings pic.twitter.com/E6g7UyeHHH— Justin Simon (@justincsimon) June 10, 2014
Lions notes: News from Tuesday's minicamp practice
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Tuesday's minicamp practice.
By Sean Yuille