- Free-agent cornerback Brandon Flowers, who has reportedly drawn some interest from the Detroit Lions, visited the San Diego Chargers on Wednesday. The Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings are also reportedly showing a lot of interest in Flowers, but it doesn't sound like he's close to signing anywhere just yet.
- During one of the Lions' practices last week, Sam Martin reportedly had an 84-yard punt. The wind apparently had something to do with it, but that's still extremely impressive.
- According to Dave Birkett, Darius Slay lined up as the Lions' left cornerback and Rashean Mathis was on the right side during their minicamp last week.
- ESPN's Michael Rothstein has a breakdown of Eric Ebron's contract.
- Several of the Washington Redskins' trademarks were canceled by the United States Patent and Trademark Office this week. Based on the Redskins' response to the ruling, it seems that they still have zero interest in changing their name, but this is an interesting development nonetheless.
- On Wednesday night, the Houston Texans traded quarterback T.J. Yates to the Falcons for linebacker Akeem Dent.
Lions notes: Brandon Flowers, Sam Martin, more
Lions notes looks at an update on Brandon Flowers, an impressive punt by Sam Martin and much more.
By Sean Yuille