- Kyle Van Noy was basically penciled in as a starter as soon as the Detroit Lions drafted him in the second round, but Ashlee Palmer isn't ready to surrender his starting spot at outside linebacker just yet. After serving as a starter last season, Palmer is prepared for a training camp battle with Van Noy.
- Defensive end Israel Idonije was released by the Chicago Bears on Thursday. Idonije spent the 2013 season with the Lions after playing for the Bears from 2004-12. This offseason, he returned to Chicago, but his second stint with the Bears lasted only a few months.
- Tight end Dorin Dickerson, who spent part of last season with the Lions, signed with the Tennessee Titans on Thursday. Dickerson was set to be a restricted free agent this offseason, but the Lions didn't tender him a contract, making him an unrestricted free agent instead.
- One other notable move from Thursday: Cornerback Aaron Ross, who worked out for the Lions in April, signed with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Dan Orlovsky spoke to ESPN about his experience at the NFL Broadcast Boot Camp this week.
- Johnathan Franklin, a running back for the Green Bay Packers, is done playing football in the NFL because of a neck injury.
Lions notes: Ashlee Palmer, Israel Idonije, Dorin Dickerson, more
Lions notes looks at Ashlee Palmer, updates on two former Detroit players and much more.
By Sean Yuille