- When Detroit Lions players return for training camp, they will have to take a conditioning test before they are actually allowed to practice. What exactly does that test entail? According to the Detroit News' Josh Katzenstein, players will have to run between the 25-yard lines six different times on two separate occasions. The required times likely vary by position, but for Eric Ebron, for example, the 300-yard run will have to be completed in under a minute the first time and in less than 62 seconds the second time around.
- This isn't surprising, but NFL.com's Bucky Brooks named Calvin Johnson the face of the Lions franchise. Brooks has Matthew Stafford as "next in line" for that spot.
- Johnson has a new Nike shoe coming out on Friday.
- No Lions players were included in the nominations for the 2014 ESPYS. (The Best NFL Player award is between Jamaal Charles, Luke Kuechly, Peyton Manning, LeSean McCoy and Russell Wilson, so no Megatron this year.)
- A house owned by Reggie Bush in the Hollywood Hills just sold for $5.7 million. Talk about a nice payday.
- It's apparently wedding season for the Lions.
Bush is getting married next month, by the way. And Lions safety Don Carey ties the knot this weekend. Congrats to both.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 25, 2014
Lions notes: Conditioning test, Calvin Johnson, more
Lions notes looks at Detroit's training camp conditioning test, Calvin Johnson and much more.
By Sean Yuille