- What do Nick Fairley and RoboCop have in common? They both threw out a ceremonial first pitch before Tuesday's Detroit Tigers game.
Got to share the plate with Robocop tonight! @tigers pic.twitter.com/LfetUcnNM9— Nick Fairley (@Nick_Fairley251) June 3, 2014
- Fairley's weight loss is apparently quite noticeable in person.
Fairley's weight loss is unmistakeable. Can see it in his face and belly. Looks great.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) June 3, 2014
- It sounds like Fairley was surprised when he first heard that the Detroit Lions weren't going to pick up his fifth-year option earlier in the offseason. He's moved on, though, and his focus right now is solely on getting ready for the 2014 season.
- Kyle Meinke reports that the Lions offense "looked much better than it did the past two weeks" on Tuesday. That's pretty surprising to hear considering the Lions were without Calvin Johnson (during team drills), Golden Tate and Kris Durham at wide receiver. In their place were Kevin Ogletree, Jeremy Ross and Corey Fuller, according to Meinke.
- According to Dave Birkett, the Lions had Travis Lewis take the place of DeAndre Levy on defense on Tuesday when Levy briefly left to get taped up. Ashlee Palmer was already getting No. 1 reps in part because Kyle Van Noy was out with a back injury.
- NASCAR driver Joey Logano stopped by Tuesday's Lions practice.
Thanks to @Staff_9, @Bigplaycj, @ReggieBush, @Ebron85 and the @Lions organization for making us feel like teammates! pic.twitter.com/lxUDi7x83M— MISpeedway (@MISpeedway) June 3, 2014
- Former Lions running back Kevin Smith was released by the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers just days after joining the team.
- In other former Lions news, linebacker Ernie Sims has signed with the Arizona Cardinals, wide receiver Micheal Spurlock has signed with the Chicago Bears and cornerback Drayton Florence worked out for the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday.
Lions notes: Nick Fairley, news from Tuesday's OTA, more
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, various pieces of news from Tuesday's OTA and much more.
By Sean Yuille