- The Detroit Lions signed second-round pick Kyle Van Noy on Wednesday, and the timing of the deal worked out extremely well for him.
Lions got a deal done with second-round pick Kyle Van Noy three days before his wedding. Signing bonus will come in handy.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 4, 2014
Ziggy Ansah is a groomsman in Kyle Van Noy's wedding this weekend. He told me he can't wait for Van Noy to have to carry his pads in camp.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) June 5, 2014
- Ansah and Larry Warford both made SB Nation's 2014 NFL All-Sophomore team.
- According to Glover Quin, the Lions are planning to have a "fast, physical, relentless attacking defense."
- Quin is hoping that the Lions will put their defense on the field first at the start of games this year, especially when at home.
- Dan Orlovsky is going to take part in the NFL's Broadcast Boot Camp from June 16-19.
- Niners Nation has the details on the six-year extension that quarterback Colin Kaepernick got this week. Although the new deal is worth up to $126 million, there's no guarantee that the San Francisco 49ers will actually end up paying him anywhere near that much money based on how the contract is structured.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City (Madison Square Garden) are finalists to host the 2015 NFL Draft, and it sounds like the draft is now going to be a four-day event. Ugh.
Lions notes looks at Kyle Van Noy, Ziggy Ansah and much more.