- It seems that the Detroit Lions weren't the only team interested in offensive guard Garrett Reynolds, who signed with them on Thursday.
Before signing with the #Lions, G Garrett Reynolds also visited the #Titans, #Cowboys, and #Bengals.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) July 17, 2014
- Well played, Eric Ebron.
#Lions rookie Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) changed his Twitter bio from "tight end" to "pass catcher."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) July 17, 2014
- If Ebron wasn't a professional football player, what would he be doing? In a "rookie survey" on the Lions' official site, he said he would be a firefighter.
- If you missed Ndamukong Suh's appearance on American Muscle on Wednesday night, MLive has a recap of it.
- The "In Memoriam" tribute at this year's ESPYS did not include William Clay Ford, who was the owner of the Lions and died in March. It also didn't include Malcolm Glazer, who owned the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (and Manchester United) and died in May. That seems like a pretty big oversight.
- Golden Tate's former team, the Seattle Seahawks, won the ESPY for Best Team.
- One last thing on the ESPYS (that has nothing to do with football): Go watch Stuart Scott's speech about his battle with cancer if you haven't already seen it.
- The availability of NFL Sunday Ticket has been expanded... sort of.
- The NFL Draft is officially leaving New York.
Roger Goodell: NFL has narrowed field of 2015 Draft host cities to Los Angeles and Chicago. Story up shortly on http://t.co/ceFdUDXeGG.— Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) July 17, 2014
Lions notes: Garrett Reynolds, Eric Ebron, more
Lions notes looks at Garrett Reynolds, Eric Ebron and much more.
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.