- After reporting for training camp earlier this week, Eric Ebron had a great comment about what his main goals are for 2014. Via the Free Press, here's what he had to say: "Everybody has their own individual goals, but my personal goal is to not let Michigan down. You got picked first, you’re here. It’s about us in this facility that grinds and goes out there in this heat and work to be something great, and it’s about our fans, the people that come out and support us. So that’s really like my goals, don’t let Michigan down, don’t let the team down."
- Speaking of Ebron, he had a pretty funny response to his rating in Madden 15.
Eric Ebron said he had a 77 rating in Madden. "The dude that did that, we need to talk ... I was at least expecting an 82"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) July 22, 2014
- Ebron recently had a chance to hang out with Ndamukong Suh.
Lions rookie TE Eric Ebron said he spent time with Ndamukong Suh earlier this month at Nike HQ. "That's my guy."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) July 22, 2014
- Offensive tackle J.B. Shugarts, who was released by the Detroit Lions last week, has been signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Caraun Reid is no longer No. 61. He is instead going to wear No. 97 going forward.
- NFL.com has video of the rugby lesson that Reggie Bush got while in Australia.
- Bush's touchdown reception against the Minnesota Vikings from Week 1 of last season came in 35th on NFL.com's countdown of the top 100 plays of 2013.
- The Lions came in at No. 28 on Football Outsiders' list of the NFL teams with the most under-25 talent.
Lions notes looks at Eric Ebron's main goals for 2014, a number change for one of Detroit's draft picks and much more.