- The Detroit Lions officially began training camp on Sunday afternoon with a team meeting. The first practice of training camp will be held at 3:30 p.m. ET on Monday.
Brandon Pettigrew arrived for Lions training camp in style.
Brandon Pettigrew rolls up to camp in a 72 Barracuda pic.twitter.com/1PgzAVe6pr— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) July 27, 2014
- Meet the noticeably slimmer Nick Fairley:
- This is pretty cool:
- The Lions have added Quinn Gray (quarterbacks), Kefense Hynson (wide receivers), Archie Collins (defensive backs/cornerbacks) and Cato June (defensive backs/secondary) as coaching interns for training camp. They were hired as part of the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship.
- Former Lions offensive lineman Dylan Gandy signed with the Chicago Bears on Friday. Also on Friday, former Lions defensive end Kourtnei Brown signed with the St. Louis Rams.
- It doesn't sound like former Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson is off to a great start at Cleveland Browns training camp.
Nate Burleson is a great quote but dropped four passes just in Saturday's practice. Browns media shouldn't get too used to interviewing him.— Bart Hubbuch (@HubbuchNYP) July 27, 2014
- These charts will come in handy once the preseason begins:
NFL's schedule of fines for 2014 season, Part I pic.twitter.com/lnBYYArZit— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) July 25, 2014
NFL's schedule of fines for 2014 season, Part II pic.twitter.com/HGN5tIa4Ca— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) July 25, 2014