Joique Bell is the best.
- Bell was part of a ridiculously talented backfield when he was in Buffalo.
- Considering TJ Jones isn't even sure if he will be ready for the beginning of the season, it wouldn't be surprising if he ends up staying on the PUP list beyond the preseason. That would keep him out for the first part of the regular season and free up a roster spot, and the Detroit Lions could later decide if they want to activate him or just keep him sidelined all season.
Don Muhlbach is getting some love from the mainstream media.
- The Lions' offensive line was quite good last year, but they weren't satisfied with the 2013 season by any means.
OL coach Jeremiah Washburn: "We weren’t good enough. We were a 7-9 offensive line and that’s that."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) July 31, 2014
Corey Hilliard: "We’re a 7-9 offensive line and at the end of the day that’s it. If we were a better O-line we would have made playoffs."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) July 31, 2014
Eric Ebron is planning to live with his mother during his rookie season.
- ESPN's Michael Rothstein asked several Lions about their most exciting offseason activities.
- Also from Rothstein is a great piece on why Calvin Johnson is such a "nightmare" for opposing defenders.
- Speaking of Johnson, this is a pretty great graphic:
Megatron tops Jerry Rice for the most receiving yards in a 3-year span in NFL history pic.twitter.com/Se3YzpaCDX— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) July 31, 2014
- "Next Gen Stats" are coming to Ford Field and the NFL.
- There have been a lot of contract extensions in the NFL lately. In the last week alone, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, Dallas Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith and Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson have received extensions. Also, the Packers extended the contract of general manager Ted Thompson this week.
- The Cowboys defense is going to be really, really bad this year.
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence: Broken foot, out 8-12 weeks. On it goes for Cowboys.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 30, 2014
Lions notes looks at Joique Bell, TJ Jones and much more.