- The Detroit Lions had the following starting lineup for Saturday's game against the Cleveland Browns:
Here's the #Lions starting lineup from Saturday's game (via the NFL's game summary). pic.twitter.com/9N1zSFdezF— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) August 10, 2014
- Via Kyle Meinke, the Lions' second-team offensive line was as follows: LT Cornelius Lucas, LG Rodney Austin, C Travis Swanson, RG Garrett Reynolds and RT LaAdrian Waddle.
- According to the NFL's game summary, T.J. Jones, James Franklin, Drayton Florence, Nate Ness, Michael Williams, Calvin Johnson and Ziggy Ansah didn't play for the Lions against Cleveland.
- The Lions sent out Matthew Stafford, Montell Owens and Stephen Tulloch for Saturday's coin toss.
- Theo Riddick left Saturday's game with an abdominal injury. He suffered the injury when he took a big hit on a nice catch across the middle of the field.
- Tahir Whitehead left with what looked like a head or neck injury. He tweeted the following update after the game:
I thank God everything it was nothing serious, and thanks everyone for the support. Oh yea great win tonight. #onepride #DefendTheDen— Tahir Whitehead (@Big_Tah47) August 10, 2014
- Eric Ebron is quite versatile.
Ebron has already lined up at FB, in-line TE, wideout, H-Back and been the motion man - get used to this. #Lions— Josh Liskiewitz (@JoshLiskiewitz) August 10, 2014
- Kellen Moore: preseason hero and soon-to-be new father.
How about this: Kellen Moore throws a game-winning pass this week. And he told me he's expecting his first child next week.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 10, 2014
- A hamstring injury kept Nate Burleson from playing against the Lions, but he still had a chance to catch up with his former teammates.
#Browns Nate Burleson on #Lions sidelines totally cracking up Calvin Johnson.— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) August 9, 2014
- Well said, Kyle Van Noy.
Kyle Van Noy said Johnny Manziel is just another quarterback and said people have blown him out of proportion.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) August 10, 2014
- The attendance for Saturday's game was 51,384.
- I really, really wish the Lions were as good in the regular season as they are in the preseason.
The Lions are 20-5 in their last 25 preseason games. #PreseasonDynasty— Jeremy Reisman (@DetroitOnLion) August 10, 2014
Lions notes: More on Saturday's preseason opener
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Saturday's preseason game against the Cleveland Browns.
By Sean Yuille