- Football is kind of popular in Detroit, you guys.
#Lions #Browns was highest-rated first game of preseason for Lions in 10+ yrs.14.6 rating topped highest-rated #Tigers game of 2014 (12.4)— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) August 11, 2014
The Browns-Lions preseason game was the most-watched preseason game ever on NFL Network with 2.82 million viewers. #JohnnyFootball— John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) August 12, 2014
- Yes, it's only the preseason, but this is a pretty interesting stat:
.@Lions were one of three teams (Arizona, Baltimore) to not allow a TD in their preseason opener. Held Browns to 4 FGs on Saturday.— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) August 11, 2014
- Reminder: The Detroit Lions' final open practice of training camp is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday (weather permitting, of course).
- Here are the details on the Lions' contracts with Drayton Florence and Nate Ness, who both joined the team last week.
Veteran CB Drayton Florence's 1-year deal with the #Lions is worth $955,000 (no guaranteed $$, counts $570 K vs. cap)— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) August 11, 2014
Nate Ness' contract with the #Lions: 1 year, $570K, no money guaranteed. No bonuses.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) August 11, 2014
- This story about Giorgio Tavecchio, Dominic Raiola and coffee is pretty funny.
Lions notes: Preseason opener draws massive ratings
Lions notes looks at the ratings for Saturday's preseason opener, the contracts for two recent additions to the team and much more.
By Sean Yuille