- The Detroit Lions continued training camp on Tuesday with a night practice at their team facility in Allen Park. This was actually their first ever night practice in Allen Park, and they had to bring in lights to make it happen.
- Why did the Lions practice outdoors on Tuesday night? Jim Caldwell had a nice answer to that very question.
Caldwell on practicing outdoor tonight. "We have to be an indoor team with an outdoor mentality"— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 13, 2014
- This is pretty remarkable: Only TJ Jones, who is still on the PUP list, completely missed practice on Tuesday. Everybody else, including Ziggy Ansah, Larry Warford and Don Carey, participated in at least part of the session. (Per Josh Katzenstein, Ansah and Carey did not take part in the team drills.)
- Nick Fairley was once again stuck with the second-team defense on Tuesday, meaning that C.J. Mosley got the first-team reps at defensive tackle alongside Ndamukong Suh.
- The Lions went bowling on Monday night, and it sounds like it was an adventure for the players to get back to their hotel thanks to all of the flooding in the area. (The offense won, by the way, and they got new Shinola watches as a result.)