- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been everywhere as of late, and it came to Detroit Lions training camp this week. Reggie Bush and Kevin Ogletree first took the challenge, and Golden Tate and Teryl Austin followed suit. Then, on Wednesday afternoon, Jim Caldwell took the challenge:
- Caldwell met former Lions head coach Rick Forzano, who coached the team from 1974-76, at practice on Wednesday.
Current #Lions head coach Jim Caldwell with former Detroit head coach Rick Forzano after today's practice. pic.twitter.com/oNFvfqh872— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 13, 2014
Dave Birkett reports that the Lions brought in tight end Matt Lehman for a workout on Wednesday.
- The Lions have been bonding off the field with ping-pong, video games and, most recently, bowling.
- What if NFL teams were assembled based strictly on players' hometowns? I don't think Detroit's team would fare very well.
- NFL AM's never-ending countdown of the top 100 plays of 2013 featured another Lions play this week. Specifically, Matthew Stafford's game-winning quarterback sneak against the Dallas Cowboys came in at No. 20 on the list.
Lions notes: Jim Caldwell, others take ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Lions notes looks at Jim Caldwell's attempt at the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a tight end who worked out for the team this week and much more.