- Friday's game between the Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars at Ford Field is officially a sellout.
- In order to make sure that he's not penalized or fined, Calvin Johnson is done dunking the ball through the goal posts.
Calvin Johnson said he's not dunking through the goal posts. Working on another celebration. Said he's not letting Goodell into his pockets.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 20, 2014
- Good luck, opposing defenses.
Joe Lombardi said we can expect Calvin Johnson to move around a lot this year. Inside and outside and motion.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 20, 2014
- Johnson is going to wear a splint this year to protect the finger that was operated on after the 2013 season.
- I hope Ndamukong Suh is right about Larry Warford.
Ndamukong Suh on Larry Warford, who he practices against regularly: "I personally see Larry as a Pro Bowl guard this year."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 20, 2014
- ESPN's Mike Sando has Ziggy Ansah 12th on his list of breakout players for the 2014 season.
Reggie Bush landed just inside the top 100 in ESPN's offensive player rankings for 2014, and Matthew Stafford came in at No. 71.
- Forbes has released new valuations for NFL teams, and the Lions are now valued at $960 million. That's only good enough for 30th in the NFL, though.
Nick Fairley wants to stay in Detroit beyond 2014, but given that he was just demoted for his weight and practice habits, he will have to really impress the Lions -- both on and off the field -- for them to actually re-sign him.
- Southfield will be well represented on Friday night when the Jaguars come to town.
- The Cleveland Browns have named Brian Hoyer their starting quarterback.
- The NFL's greed knows no bounds.
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, Larry Warford and much more.