- Here's the Detroit Lions' starting lineup from Friday's game:
- The Lions' second-team offensive line looked like this:
Michael Williams playing LT with the 2s. Austin LG, Swanson C, Reynolds RG, Waddle RT. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 23, 2014
- In addition to the three players who were ruled out before Friday's game, DeJon Gomes also did not play against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He missed practice all week after injuring his neck against the Oakland Raiders, so his absence was no surprise.
- Quite a few people currently with the Lions went up against their former team when the Jaguars came to town on Friday night. Current Lions players Montell Owens, C.J. Mosley, Julian Stanford, Don Carey and Rashean Mathis all were once on the Jaguars, and current Lions coaches Tony Oden, Bobby Johnson, Robert Prince, Ron Prince and John Bonamego previously coached in Jacksonville. Also, Lions senior personnel executive James "Shack" Harris was the Jaguars' vice president of player personnel from 2003-08.
- Speaking of people with connections to both the Lions and Jaguars, this was a nice moment before Friday's game:
- This was also a cool moment before Friday's game:
- There thankfully wasn't much injury news from Friday's game, but Owens left early with a head injury, and Carey left early with a hamstring injury.
Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew and Mathis served as the Lions' captains for Friday's game.
- The attendance for Friday's game was 56,496.
- The Lions' win over the Jaguars will be shown on NFL Network at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
- Finally, I really don't get this: Chad Henne has been named the Jaguars' starting quarterback for Week 1 of the regular season. I know that was the Jaguars' plan all along, but Blake Bortles was clearly the better quarterback against the Lions, and by all accounts he's been the better quarterback all preseason.
Lions notes: More on Friday's win over Jaguars
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Friday's preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
By Sean Yuille