- Per Dave Birkett, the following players didn't do much during the Detroit Lions' practice on Saturday: Reggie Bush, Montell Owens, Kyle Van Noy, Don Carey and DeJon Gomes.
- Why didn't Bush do much? It sounds like he was just resting more than anything.
Reggie Bush was wearing a sleeve on his left leg. Don't think it's anything serious, but he was taking it easy today. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 23, 2014
- There's still a week to go in the preseason, but Bush may end up having the longest touchdown from scrimmage in the NFL in August.
- Speaking of that run, well done, Eric Ebron.
- According to Josh Katzenstein, Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi is on the field during games, whereas Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin coaches from the booth.
- Despite his recent demotion, Nick Fairley came in 64th on ESPN's list of the top 100 defensive players of 2014.
- In an anonymous poll of NFL players, Ndamukong Suh was voted "the last guy in the league you would ever want to get into a fistfight with."
- Green Bay Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji is out for the season.
Lions notes looks at Reggie Bush, Eric Ebron and much more.