- Jim Schwartz caught up with several of his former players and at least one of his former position coaches before Thursday night's game.
Ashlee Palmer, Corey Hilliard, Andre Fluellen, Rodney Austin and Jeremiah Washburn among those who've stopped to chat— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 28, 2014
Kyle Van Noy and James Ihedigbo didn't even travel to Buffalo for the Detroit Lions' preseason finale. Van Noy just had surgery, so that's no surprise for him, but clearly Ihedigbo is dealing with some kind of an injury.
James Ihedigbo got better treatment at home than he could have gotten on the trip which is why he stayed back in Detroit. #Lions— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) August 29, 2014
- Following Thursday's game, Travis Swanson revealed that he sprained one of his fingers.
- How long is Don Carey, who missed Thursday's game, expected to be out? It's unclear right now.
Caldwell on Carey: It's not something that will keep him out forever.— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) August 29, 2014
- Per Josh Katzenstein, the Lions' captains on Thursday were Riley Reiff, DeAndre Levy and Glover Quin.
- As noted by Dave Birkett, Levy and Stephen Tulloch only played one series before exiting Thursday's game.
LaAdrian Waddle started at right tackle this week. On the left side, meanwhile, Cornelius Lucas was the first one in the game after Reiff departed.
- At offensive guard, Garrett Reynolds started on the left side. After Larry Warford completed his night, Rodney Austin stepped in at right guard.
Calvin Johnson may not have played against the Buffalo Bills, but he still had a chance to get on the field... sort of.
Funniest thing I've seen tonight. Calvin Johnson running on the field to pick up the tee after a kickoff.— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) August 29, 2014
- It looks like Joique Bell and Fred Jackson exchanged jerseys after Thursday's game.
Joique Bell signs a jersey for Fred Jackson. pic.twitter.com/3HCG4GGPh7— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) August 29, 2014
- Bell and Montell Owens did not play against the Bills, by the way. Neither player was included on the list of inactives before the game, but they didn't end up seeing the field at all.
- Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins left Thursday's game early with a rib injury.
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Thursday's preseason game against the Buffalo Bills.