- Jon Baldwin, who was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on Monday, did not practice on Tuesday. Here's why:
#Lions coach Jim Caldwell said team is "in the process of evaluating" Jon Baldwin's "medical situation" at this point.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 5, 2014
- Ziggy Ansah also didn't practice on Tuesday, but he again tested out his shoulder, indicating that he's getting close to being taken off the PUP list.
- Two other injury notes from Tuesday: Michael Williams was out again, but Darius Slay did in fact practice after leaving Monday's session early, so that's good news.
- He may not be a starter on the Lions' depth chart, but Kyle Van Noy got No. 1 reps at outside linebacker on Tuesday, according to Michael Rothstein.
- When Rob Sims and Dominic Raiola took a break on Tuesday, the Lions had Alex Bullard at left guard and Travis Swanson at center, according to Josh Katzenstein.
- Giorgio Tavecchio and Nate Freese both made all five of their field goal attempts on Tuesday.
- Matthew Stafford and Golden Tate connected for a touchdown during Tuesday's practice.
Golden Tate was just wide open in down the seam, shouted "woo," and Stafford hit him for easy TD in 7-on-7s. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 5, 2014
- The tight ends had a chance to show off their catching skills during this drill:
- Good luck defending this, opposing defenses:
Just saw a set with Eric Ebron split outside and Calvin Johnson in the slot. Chew on that one.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 5, 2014
- The Lions defense spent some time preparing for the read-option on Tuesday.
- Ex-Lions head coach Steve Mariucci attended Tuesday's practice as part of his job with NFL Network.
- Lions vice chairman Bill Ford Jr. was also at practice on Tuesday.
News and notes from Tuesday's Detroit Lions training camp practice.