- According to Dave Birkett, the Detroit Lions were without Calvin Johnson, Eric Ebron, Darren Keyton and Cory Greenwood on Thursday. (Johnson was excused from practice.)
- Ebron's status remains up in the air for Saturday's game, and it's still unclear what exactly is wrong with him. Kyle Meinke reports that Ebron was running sprints after Thursday's session came to a close, but Ebron declined to shed any light on his injury when he met with the media.
- Ziggy Ansah and TJ Jones also missed practice, as they are both still on the PUP list.
- Justin Rogers reports that Rodney Austin left practice early with a lower-body injury. Also, James Ihedigbo briefly left practice after receiving a "stiff kick to the calf," but it doesn't sound like anything serious.
- You can't throw the ball much better than Matthew Stafford did on this pass to Kevin Ogletree (via SandmanLions):
- Speaking of Stafford, he's had an excellent training camp so far.
#Lions OC Joe Lombardi says Matthew Stafford hasn't thrown an INT in team or 7-on-7 drills all through camp.— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) August 7, 2014