- The Detroit Lions' captains for their Week 2 game against the Carolina Panthers are going to be Calvin Johnson, Ndamukong Suh and Don Muhlbach.
- Jim Caldwell and Teryl Austin didn't have any interest in talking about the "Donkey Kong" comments Cam Newton made about Suh earlier in the week. Suh apparently pretended to be on the phone to avoid having to talk about Newton. (I don't blame him.)
- According to Austin, we should expect to see more of the 4-3 and less of the nickel package from the Lions this week.
- When the Lions are in the nickel, Nevin Lawson is going to serve as the extra cornerback. He stepped into that spot on Monday when Bill Bentley left with a torn ACL, and it looks like the Lions are going to roll with Lawson moving forward.
- This is a pretty interesting stat:
Odd stat for you: Monday night marked the 1st time Matthew Stafford has thrown a TD pass before an INT to start season. He's 4-2 in openers— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 12, 2014
- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan beat out Matthew Stafford for the FedEx Air Player of Week 1 award.
- You should find some time to watch the following three videos: Golden Tate was mic'd up against the New York Giants, Jim Caldwell presented Martha Ford with a game ball following Monday's win and Dominic Raiola provided a solid tutorial to WXYZ's Tom Leyden on what goes into playing the center position.
- ESPN's Michael Rothstein put together a good piece on how Rob Sims gets ready for game day each week.
- Tim Twentyman has the story behind why George Johnson recently changed his number.
Lions notes: Captains announced for Week 2
Lions notes looks at this week's captains, Teryl Austin's plans for the defense on Sunday and much more.
By Sean Yuille