- The Detroit Lions didn't just work out three kickers on Tuesday. According to Aaron Wilson, they also brought in cornerback Derek Cox, cornerback Justin Rogers (not that Justin Rogers), offensive tackle Reid Fragel and linebacker Steve Beauharnais. In addition, they worked out cornerback Danny Gorrer, who was signed to the 53-man roster, and linebacker Jerrell Harris, who was signed to the practice squad.
- Aside from performing well during his workout, it appears that Gorrer's connection to defensive coordinator Teryl Austin may have played a role in the Lions signing him.
Gorrer said he played the nickel when he was with Teryl Austin in Baltimore.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 17, 2014
Aaron Rodgers had high praise for DeAndre Levy on Wednesday.
Rodgers said he thinks #Lions LB DeAndre Levy has made himself into a guy who will become a Pro Bowl candidate year after year.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 17, 2014
- The announcers for Sunday's game between the Lions and Green Bay Packers are going to be Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch (with Pam Oliver on the sideline).
- It appears that Sunday's game has been declared a "Blue Out."
Nick Fairley and Reggie Bush were mic'd up for last week's game against the Carolina Panthers.
- How does Sam Martin get ready for game day? He spoke to ESPN about his process this week.
- The changes to the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances have finally been approved.
Lions notes: Derek Cox, others work out for Detroit
Lions notes looks at some workout news, what Aaron Rodgers had to say about DeAndre Levy and much more.
By Sean Yuille