- Three Detroit Lions players have new numbers following the final round of cuts:
Three #Lions have changed numbers — DE George Johnson 68 to 93, CB Mohammed Seisay 45 to 40 and S Jerome Couplin 46 to 24, per team— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) September 1, 2014
- Van Noy, James Ihedigbo and Don Carey didn't practice for the Lions on Monday. Van Noy's absence is no surprise considering he just had surgery and could be put on injured reserve with the designation to return later this week, and Carey has missed quite a bit of time now with a hamstring injury. It's still not clear what's wrong with Ihedigbo, though.
Ihedigbo said he's just resting and getting ready for Monday night and fully expects to play.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 1, 2014
- It appears that Nick Fairley's demotion to the No. 2 defense in the preseason did in fact serve as a wake-up call to him.
"It opened my eyes up," Fairley said of his demotion. "They need me to play more consistent and that’s what they want out of me."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 1, 2014
Nick Fairley said he hired a personal chef two weeks ago through his agent. Down to 305-310 lbs now. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 1, 2014
- Jim Caldwell isn't shying away from the Lions' high expectations or his overall responsibilities.
Caldwell on the #Lions this year: "We have the foundation to be champions."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 1, 2014
Caldwell: "I’m responsible for each & every little thing that goes on in this program, bar none. Wins & losses, conduct. Every single phase"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 1, 2014
- Reminder: The Lions' jerseys are going to feature a patch honoring late owner William Clay Ford this season.
- I think this may be the best Madden glitch ever.
Lions notes: Three players change numbers
Lions notes looks at some number changes, an injury update from Monday and much more.
By Sean Yuille