- Former Detroit Lions kicker Jason Hanson stopped by practice on Friday to speak with rookie kicker Nate Freese, who has struggled quite a bit so far in his NFL career. Freese probably needs a perfect performance on Sunday in order to remain the Lions' kicker going forward, so hopefully whatever Hanson said to Freese will help him get things back on track this week.
- The Lions' captains for Week 3 are going to be Dominic Raiola (offense), Rashean Mathis (defense) and Tahir Whitehead (special teams).
- The Lions are hoping to get their running game going against the Green Bay Packers.
- This sounds like a solid game plan for Sunday:
The entire Detroit Lions o line are rocking Stone Cold Steve Austin shirts with slogan, "Arrive, raise hell, leave."— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) September 18, 2014
Nick Fairley put a big hit on Carolina Panthers fullback Mike Tolbert last week, and Tolbert actually said it was "the hardest I’ve ever been hit in my life."
- The Lions came in 111th in ESPN's "Ultimate Standings," and Pride Of Detroit actually got a pretty interesting shout out in their write-up on the team.
- What is footgolf? I'll let Joseph Fauria explain.
Lions notes looks at Jason Hanson's recent visit to practice, the captains for Week 3 and much more.