- The Detroit Lions' captains for Week 4 are Brandon Pettigrew (offense), Glover Quin (defense) and Ashlee Palmer (special teams).
- It sounds like Joseph Fauria's ankle injury is going to keep him out for more than just this week.
#Lions TE Joseph Fauria has been walking around the facility today in a boot and on crutches, so the odds he plays Sunday are very low.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 26, 2014
- Lions players better be careful on Sept. 24 next year.
Sep 24, 2014: Joe Fauria injures ankle "misstepping" around the house. Sep 24, 2013: Nate Burleson sidelined 7 games by sliding pizza boxes— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 25, 2014
- Tahir Whitehead, the Lions' new starting middle linebacker, is going to make the calls on defense this week. DeAndre Levy handled that responsibility last week after Stephen Tulloch left the game, but it makes sense for Whitehead to do it this week since he's the starting MLB.
- The Lions honored trainer Dean Kleinschmidt, who is retiring, with a game ball last week, and Kleinschmidt was interviewed by his son on NFL AM this week.
- New York Jets defensive back Antonio Allen said this about Calvin Johnson earlier this week: "I haven't seen anything on film yet, but I'm pretty sure he has some weaknesses." The New York Giants' Walter Thurmond said something similar before Week 1, and Johnson responded by catching seven passes for 164 yards and two touchdowns. Best of luck, Mr. Allen.
- Johnson and Golden Tate have been stellar on third down this season.
- NFL.com's Chris Wesseling thinks Matthew Stafford has the strongest arm in the NFL.
- "Answer the Bell" with Joique Bell has returned with teammates doing impressions of each other.
- What goes into punting? Sam Martin went pretty in-depth on the punting process with WXYZ's Tom Leyden this week.
- Playing defense nowadays doesn't seem like a lot of fun.
NFL's completion percentage entering Week 4 is at 64.2 percent, the highest after 3 weeks in NFL history.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2014
Lions notes: Week 4 captains, Joseph Fauria, more
Lions notes looks at the captains for Week 4, the latest on Joseph Fauria's ankle injury and much more.
By Sean Yuille