- It sounds like LaAdrian Waddle may return to action for the Detroit Lions this week:
Waddle said he was really close to playing last week but they decided to hold off another week. Says he feels good and expects to play Sun.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 29, 2014
- Here's some more good injury news:
Maybe good news on the injured RB front for the Lions: Theo Riddick said he just felt hamstring tightness, shouldn't miss time— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 29, 2014
- The Buffalo Bills have decided to bench EJ Manuel, meaning that Kyle Orton is going to start at quarterback against the Lions this week.
- There's going to be a lot of traffic in Detroit on Sunday, to say the least.
ALDS times released for Sunday's game at Comerica. Game three Sunday at 3:45— Jennifer Hammond (@HammerFox2) September 29, 2014
- Alex Henery made one field goal and missed one field goal in his Lions debut on Sunday. Both kicks were from beyond 50 yards, and despite the miss, Jim Caldwell liked what he saw.
Caldwell on Alex Henery: "We really have a lot of confidence in him and I think he’s one of those guys that’s going to play well for us"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 29, 2014
- This is a pretty wild stat:
The #Lions are 3-1 and have a winning record after 4 games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1971-72.— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) September 29, 2014
- The NFC North is looking like a pretty strong division.
Just checking the standings, the NFC North is the only division with no team below .500. Lions in first, but headed for a dogfight.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 29, 2014
- In a blog post from last week, Kyle Van Noy said that he's "back to almost full health." Van Noy will be eligible to return to game action for the Lions in Week 10. (Technically he's eligible to be back in Week 9, but the Lions are on a bye.)
- Stephen Tulloch doesn't have any regrets about his sack celebration that resulted in a torn ACL.
Lions notes: LaAdrian Waddle to return this week?
Lions notes looks at the latest on LaAdrian Waddle, the football/baseball doubleheader in Detroit on Sunday and much more.
By Sean Yuille