- Ndamukong Suh, who was just featured on E:60 this week, is on the cover of ESPN The Magazine:
- Corey Fuller found out that he made the Detroit Lions' 53-man roster by checking Twitter.
- Speaking of making the team, Jerome Couplin found out that he was on the Lions' 53-man roster a day before his 23rd birthday.
- During Tuesday's practice, the Lions were once again without James Ihedigbo and Don Carey. It will be very interesting to see what Ihedigbo's injury is when the first injury report is released on Thursday.
- Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford have high hopes for the 2014 season.
Both Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford feel this is the best roster and their best chance to win a title since entering the league.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 2, 2014
- Remember how the NFL gave each team two exceptions for their practice squad? It turns out that the Lions only needed one of them for their initial practice squad.
Looking at NFL's transaction wire, Julian Stanford is the only exception Lions used among their PS players (with up to 2 years service time)— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 1, 2014
- Mel Kiper has the Lions winning the NFC North, as does fellow ESPN personality Mike Greenberg.
I am picking the #Lions to emerge from a jam packed NFC North at 11-5.— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) September 3, 2014
- Breaking Madden is back.
Lions notes: Ndamukong Suh, Corey Fuller, more
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh, Corey Fuller and much more.
By Sean Yuille