- This was a nice moment for the Detroit Lions after their win over the New York Giants:
- The Lions' win on Monday night was significant from a historical perspective thanks to their margin of victory.
- Remember how drops were such a big issue for the Lions last year? The team was much better in that department on Monday night.
Lions receivers did not drop a pass Monday after leading the league last season with 46 drops, 10 more than any other team.— John Buccigross (@Buccigross) September 9, 2014
- Tate's suit after the game was, well, something else.
- Let's go ahead and go through some of Calvin Johnson's notable stats from Monday's game:
Calvin Johnson now has a catch in his past 107 straight games, tying Herman Moore's club record— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 8, 2014
Calvin Johnson's 98 yards and 2 TD catches are both career-highs in the 1st quarter— Jeremy Lundblad (@JLundbladESPN) September 8, 2014
.@Lions Calvin Johnson now has 100+ rec yards in 22 of his past 34 games— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) September 9, 2014
Johnson has now passed 100 rec yards for the 40th time in his career. It took him 107 games to get to 40, third fewest in NFL history.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 9, 2014
Calvin Johnson has topped 160 yards 11 times in his last 35 games.— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) September 9, 2014
Calvin Johnson's 164 yards are the most ever by a #Lions receiver in a season opener.— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) September 9, 2014
- One more thing on Johnson: He has a fan in LeBron James.
- It seems Joique Bell has a new role on the sideline.
Bell just ran up to Caldwell and pushed the flag back in his pocket. The ball did come out there. Heads up by Joique. #NYGvsDET— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 9, 2014
- Kid Rock was at Monday's game, as were several Tigers players.
- Tom Gores, the owner of the Pistons, made his team's plane available to pick up the Navy Glee Club, which sang the national anthem before Monday's game.
- The attendance for Monday's game was 64,401.
Lions notes: More on Monday's win over Giants
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Monday's win over the New York Giants.
By Sean Yuille