- The Detroit Lions made a couple of roster moves earlier this week. First, on Tuesday, they signed wide receiver/tight end Ifeanyi Momah, who spent time on their practice squad earlier in the season, to a futures deal. A day later, on Wednesday, they signed former Wayne State offensive tackle Joe Long (the brother of Jake Long) to their practice squad.
- On Tuesday, the Lions worked out defensive tackles Jermelle Cudjo and Ogemdi Nwagbuo. (This was before Ndamukong Suh's suspension was overturned.)
- Suh is quite fortunate that his suspension was reduced to a fine considering this was the best excuse he apparently managed to come up with:
During appeal, Ndamukong Suh said his feet were numb from cold and he couldn't tell difference between Aaron Rodgers' feet and the ground.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 31, 2014
- Suh unsurprisingly didn't have much to say during his Wednesday media session.
Suh: "Next question." Question. Suh: "Next question." Question. "Next question." Etc.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 31, 2014
Matthew Stafford had the quote of the day on Wednesday:
Matthew Stafford said he's gotten fewer ticket requests than he anticipated. "I guess I don't have too many friends."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 31, 2014
- He may have gotten benched during last week's game, but James Ihedigbo is going to start at safety this week.
Golden Tate better watch his back on Sunday.
- This should be pretty cool:
Spirit of Detroit Statue will be outfitted with a #Lions No. 1 jersey Friday. Nameplate will read: "One Pride" pic.twitter.com/nvQvEDpNsr— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 31, 2014
- The Dallas Cowboys put defensive tackle Henry Melton on injured reserve earlier this week.
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions/Cowboys game are going to be Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Erin Andrews and Chris Myers will serve as the sideline reporters.
- SB Nation's latest 2015 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Wake Forest cornerback Kevin Johnson.
- Blogging The Boys has a very interesting look at strength of schedule for 2015.
Lions notes: Ifeanyi Momah, Joe Long, more
Lions notes looks at a couple of roster moves, some tidbits on Ndamukong Suh and much more.
By Sean Yuille