- The Detroit Lions signed defensive tackle Jermelle Cudjo to a futures deal last Friday. This brings the total number of Lions players on futures deals to 15.
- Tahir Whitehead was fined $22,050 for his hit on Cole Beasley in the Lions' game against the Dallas Cowboys. (Dez Bryant, by the way, received a fine of $8,628 for taunting in that game.)
- The Lions may have inspired yet another rule change.
On @dpshow, @DeanBlandino says that replay review for pass interference will be discussed in the offseason. The CFL implemented it in 2014.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) January 12, 2015
- Lions vice chairman Bill Ford Jr. doesn't think he will ever get over the Lions' playoff loss to the Cowboys.
- Nothing appears to be set in stone just yet for the Lions' game against the Kansas City Chiefs in London next season, but this seems like an indication that it will have a traditional start time of 1 p.m. ET:
BREAKING: two of the three International Series games next year - NYJ@MIA, BUF@JAX - will kick off at 9:30am ET— Gur Samuel (@GurSamuel) January 10, 2015
- Jim Caldwell attended Sunday's Los Angeles Clippers game as a guest of Chris Paul, according to Arash Markazi.
- The Chicago Bears hired Ryan Pace as their new general manager. Pace was previously the New Orleans Saints' director of player personnel.
- Gary Kubiak, who was believed to be a candidate for the Bears' head coaching job, has decided to stay with the Baltimore Ravens as their offensive coordinator.
- The Denver Broncos and head coach John Fox "mutually agreed to part ways" on Monday. That's going to change the outlook of some coaching searches. (Case in point: Chicago is already being talked about as a potential landing spot for Fox.)
- Former Lions great Dick LeBeau surprisingly resigned from his job as defensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers over the weekend. It's unclear where he's headed next, but the Arizona Cardinals seem like a possible landing spot for him.
Lions notes: Jermelle Cudjo, Tahir Whitehead, more
In today's Lions notes: Jermelle Cudjo, Tahir Whitehead, various updates on the NFL coaching carousel and much more.
By Sean Yuille